- Date: Monday, January 13, 2020
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Main Pumphouse
- Contact: Donalda Beeson (250.640.3580 or email@example.com)
Get the facts!
- Fact – By voting YES, you will gain the power to collectively negotiate with your employer. There’s power in numbers! You and your co-workers form the union and union staff are here to assist in your fight for fairness.
- Fact – Unionized workers make more money than non-union workers, even after paying union dues
- Fact – Your union dues will cost you no more than 2% of your wages. You do not pay anything until you vote to accept your union contract. Union dues are also 100% tax-deductible!
Why should you vote YES?
- Your union will ensure that you are being paid overtime properly. Together we can negotiate when OT takes effect and how much it increases by. For example, 1.5 your rate for hours above 8 hours and double your rate for hours above 10 hours a day.
- You shouldn’t have to wonder when your next raise is coming. With a union, you have a say in your wage progression; from how raises are applied to how much the increases are.
- It isn’t fair you can’t get a second job because you are essentially on-call without any compensation. Your union will try to negotiate standby pay for you.
- Short notice schedule changes without compensation isn’t fair! Your Union will try to create schedule and shift change language that works for you.
You know what changes should be made to make your job better, from better pay to paid sick days and improving scheduling. UFCW 1518 staff is here to assist you in enhancing your jobs but this is only possible if you vote YES!
Learn more about this campaign at ufcw1518.com/whistlerworkers