- Date: Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Location & Times: 855 Johnson St. ( 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.) & 603 Gorge Rd. East (2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.)
- Contact: Stephen Portman (604.230.4874 or email@example.com)
Get the facts!
- Fact – By voting YES, you will gain the power to collectively negotiate with your employer. There’s power in numbers! You and your co-workers form the union and union staff are here to assist in your fight for fairness.
- Fact – Unionized workers make more money than non-union workers, even after paying union dues
- Fact – Your union dues will cost you no more than 2% of your wages. You do not pay anything until you vote to accept your union contract. Union dues are also 100% tax-deductible!
Why should you vote YES?
- You shouldn’t have to wonder when your next raise is coming. With a union, you have a say in your wage progression; from how raises are applied to how much the increases are.
- Education and training are a big part of being a skilled Budtender. Your union will bargain proposals in your first contract to negotiate for employer support for cannabis sommelier training and licensing fees.
- You have a life and it is only fair to expect reasonable notice of scheduling and reliable hours. Your union will see that you receive fair notice for work so you can plan your life.
- Respect on the shop floor is what the collective power of a union is all about. Once you are organized you will have a fair process for communication and discipline with your employer. With a union, you will not be alone standing up for your rights. Professional representatives will be there to support you.
You know what changes should be made to make your job better. UFCW 1518 staff is here to assist you in enhancing your jobs but this is only possible if you vote YES!
Learn more about this campaign at ufcw1518.com/bc-budtenders-union