Tentative agreement reached
As you probably know, your Community Social Services Bargaining Association (CSSBA) — which includes UFCW 1518 — came to a tentative agreement with the employer’s association. You can now review your tentative agreement here:
The wage increases and workplace improvements that we negotiated in this agreement are all thanks to you and your coworkers, who showed us endless support throughout bargaining. Soon it will be time to cast a ratification vote so we need to keep up the momentum. All of the unions in the CSSBA support a YES vote in favour of ratification.
UFCW 1518 is hosting two online information sessions on Wednesday, February 22 from 10-11 am PDT & 5-6 pm PDT. Register now to speak with your UFCW 1518 negotiator Ed Cabral and staff representative Terry Meyer and ask any questions you have about the agreement or voting.
Here’s a recap of some high-priority contract improvements that we achieved in this round of bargaining:
- Low-wage redress increases, retroactive for all employees past and present to April 1, 2022
- $0.25/hour increase to all wage grids, retroactive for all employees past and present to April 1, 2022
- 3.24% increase to all wage grids, retroactive for all employees past and present to April 1, 2022
- At least a 5.5% general wage increase, effective first pay period after April 1, 2023
- At least a 2% general wage increase, effective first pay period after April 1, 2024
- Additional wage comparability increases for all classifications
- Increase to transportation allowance, effective date of ratification
- 100% paid sick leave, effective April 1, 2024
- Improvements to health and welfare benefits, leave provisions, safety and health, layoff and recall, bullying and harassment language.
Voting for UFCW 1518 members opens on Thursday February 23 at 11 am PDT and closes Tuesday February 28 at 11 am PDT. UFCW 1518 will send you an email at this time with your voting credentials. Voting will be done online, so if you know of any coworkers who are not receiving bargaining updates from the union, please encourage them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, employee number, worksite name and employer. The more of your coworkers who get involved and vote, the more your own vote will count.
Because there are multiple unions in the CSSBA, we will announce the results of the ratification vote on March 29, after everyone has had a chance to cast their digital ballot.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and resolve. Stay tuned for another in-depth, easy-to-understand summary of the tentative agreement, so that you can make an informed vote.
UFCW 1518 Staff Negotiator Ed Cabral